Account eligibility requirements
- MBT Checking account
- Account open for minimum of 90 days
- No overdraft items for past 90 days
System and application requirements
- iPhone 4 and newer models
- Version 4.1+ operating system
- Android models
- Version 2.1.1+ of the operating system
- Cameras with 2.0+ Megapixel resolution and autofocus
- Either touch screen or keyboard phones
- Log in to your MBT Mobile Banking app
- Endorse the back of the check as "For mobile deposit only" and your signature
- Select Deposits from the Menu
- Select New Deposit
- Select the account to receive the deposit
- Enter the amount of the check
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check
- You will receive a confirmation on your phone that your deposit is pending
- Write on the front of the check "Mobile Deposit on DATE" (where date is the full date you deposited the check by Mobile Deposit)
- Securely store your check for 5 days after deposit, and destroy after 14 days
Check image tips
- Take photo against a background with a strong contrast between the check and the surrounding area
- Position the camera above the check so there is no angle
- Move any objects that show up in the picture away from the check
- Make sure the check is visible, contains all four corners, is well lit and in focus
- The check must contain a readable; check number, payee name and endorsement
- The check must contain a readable MICR line at the bottom of the check
- The check must contain a readable character (numeric) amount of the check and legal amount of the check
- The check must be drawn on an institution located within the United States
Check safekeeping, retention and destruction
- Mobile Deposit users are required to retain the original check for 5 days but no longer than 14 days after the deposit has been transmitted to the bank.
- This provides sufficient time for research in case there is an issue with the image quality or if the original item is required for any other reason
- The paper check should be stored in a secure place with "Mobile Deposit, DATE (where DATE is the full date you deposited the check by Mobile Deposit)
- Mobile Deposit users are required to securely and irretrievably destroy the original paper check after 14 days.
- A cross-cut or diamond shredder will assist in complete destruction of check information.
- Do not leave deposited checks lying around, do not put deposited checks in trash or recycle containers, unless they have been shredded first.
- $1,000 per item limit per user
- $3,000 daily deposit limit per user
- For deposits received and accepted before 2:00 pm Central Time on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. Funds from your deposit generally will be available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Please see the Funds Availability Policy for additional details.